Geriatric Healthcare SeriesLive Lectures
Basically everyone: Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Social Workers, Health Professional Students, Community-based Advocates and Information & Assistance Staff, Home Care Workers or Aids, Human Service Coordinators, Family Caregivers.
90-minute interactive presentations on primary care focused geriatric healthcare topics. Presentations are about 75 minutes of lecture followed by 15 minutes of Q&A.
How it Works
Coordination by State
Each state has a coordinating center that helps track attendance and collects evaluation surveys for their state.
Each series (Winter & Spring) consist of 10 weekly lectures.
Tuesdays @ 4:00 – 5:30 pm PST/PDT
CME or CNE
How to submit for CME or CNE after participating in one or more lectures (Coming Soon!).
Our 2018 Series
- The Role of Area Agencies on Aging and Disabilities in Geriatric Healthcare – Allison Boll and Melissa Ensey
- Medicare 101: The Basic A-B-C-Ds – Barbara Cochrane
- The Alphabet Soup of Medicare Provisions Under the ACA – May Reed
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia – John Gore
- De-Prescribing – Stephen Thielke
- HIV in Older Adults – Wayne McCormick
- Heart Failure in Older Adults: A Focus on Multi-Morbidity – Michael Chen
- Developmental Disabilities in Older Adults – Jenny Roraback-Carson
- Geriatric Oral Health – Susanne Kölare Jeffrey
- Kidney Disease and Functional Decline in Older Adults – Bob Roshanravan
Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias
- Caring for the Caregiver Lianne Hirano
- Dementia Stephen Thielke
- Differential Diagnosis of Dementia, Delirium and Depression Emily Trittschuh
- Driving and Dementia Kristoffer Rhoads
- End of Life Care in Patients with Dementia: Palliative Care and Hospice Wayne McCormick
- Heathy Brain Aging and Dementia Prevention Emily Trittschuh
- Herbals, Supplements and Dementia Gail Anderson
- Maximizing Quality of Life for Older Adults Across the Cognitive Continuum Susan McCurry
- Safe and Rational Prescribing in Cognitive Impairment Stephen Thielke
- Using Family Dynamics to Cope with Dementia Marty Richards