Geriatric Healthcare SeriesVirtual Lectures
The University of Washington’s Northwest Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Center (NW GWEC), the University of Washington’s Continuing Nursing Education, and the VA Puget Sound Healthcare System Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center (GRECC) are partnering to bring a series of continuing education lectures on geriatric health.
Our lecture series provides education for those who are involved in the care of older adults. Lectures on geriatric topics include best available information on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease in older patients as well as related topics such as age-friendly health care and community-based resources.
How it Works
Virtual Lecture Series
- Offered twice a year: Winter and Spring
- 10 weekly lectures in each series
- Broadcasted live on Zoom Webinar Tuesdays 4:00 – 5:30 pm Pacific
Who should Attend?
All are welcome:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Social Workers
- Health Professional Students
- Community-based Advocates and Information & Assistance Staff
- Home Care Workers or Aids
- Human Service Coordinators
- Family Caregivers
Our 2021 Series
Winter 2021: Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias
Spring 2021: General Geriatrics
Continuing Nursing Education (CNE)
Successful completion requires registration, completion of evaluation surveys, and submitting your attendance log (at the end of the series). Attend the virtual broadcasts or watch the recordings online – earn CE either way. UW Continuing Nursing Education requires a $45 processing fee for a contact hour certificate for the series. Directions for obtaining credit will be provided.
Nurses: 15 contact hours (1.5 per session; Rx: see series brochure)
- Continuing Nursing Education at the University of Washington School of Nursing (UWCNE) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- UWCNE is approved as a clock hour provider by the Washington State Board of Education.
- Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #7128, for 15 contact hours (1.5 per session).
Psychologists: UWCNE qualifies as a Washington State CE program sponsor under WAC 246-924-240
Social Workers and Counselors: UWCNE qualifies as a Washington State CE program sponsor under WAC 246-809-601
All Other Disciplines: A UWCNE certificate for up to 15 contact hours (1.5 per session) will be awarded for documenting completion of this offering.
Continuing Medical Education (CME)
Physicians: This live series activity, Geriatric Healthcare Series, from March 30 – June 1, 2021, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 15 prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. There is no processing fee for CME.